A Spanish victim of sexual abuse of a minor in detention (DOJ)
MANILA – The Ministry of Justice (DOJ) clarified that Francisco Manuel Sanchez de Oria, the Spanish national accused of allegedly sexually abusing a minor, remains in detention and has not posted bail for his temporary release.
âInitially, I was told that Franco Sanchez had posted a deposit. However, it was confirmed this evening by the Taguig City Prosecutor that Franco Sanchez is being held at the Immigration Detention Center Office for two reasons: 1) he did not post bail in the violation of the RA 7610 cases. and RA 9775, and 2) pending deportation proceedings, âUnder Secretary of State Emmeline Aglipay-Villar said in a message to reporters Wednesday evening.
The 36-year-old suspect, also known as Franco Sanchez, is due to be brought to justice on Friday after an undertaking order was issued against him last October.
He faces charges of violation of Republic Law (RA) 7160 or the Law on Special Protection of Children against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination and RA 9775 or the Anti-Child Protection Law. Child pornography in Section 15 of the Taguig Regional Court of First Instance.
Sanchez reportedly met the 16-year-old victim online last year and brought her to her residence in Taguig, where he allegedly supplied her with drugs and had sex with her.
The miner also said that Sanchez recorded her with a certain “Gil” while they were having sex.
Sanchez’s case is linked to a similar case in a Pasay court that issued an arrest warrant against a 61-year-old former US Embassy officer Dean Edward Cheves for allegedly having relations sex with a minor while posted to the Philippines.
Cheves, who served in Manila between September 2020 and February this year, was indicted in the United States before a federal grand jury in the state of Virginia. (ANP)