Comparing Medicare Plans Could Save You Money State News
MISSION, Kan., October 18, 2021 / PRNewswire / – (Families) Medicare’s open enrollment period gives anyone on Medicare the flexibility to make changes to their health or prescription drug plans for coverage beginning January 1, 2022. Don’t delay, the open registration period ends December 7.
Comparing plans can be easy
Medicare plans can change from year to year – even your current plan can change. Medicare.gov makes it easy to compare coverage options, purchase plans, and be confident in your choices. You can compare plan coverage, costs, and quality ratings side by side to help you more easily see the differences between plans. If you choose a new plan for 2022, you can sign up for it directly. If your current coverage still meets your health care needs, you don’t have to do anything.
Registration open (Oct 15 –December 7) is your chance to compare your choices for the coming year and see if you could save some money throughout the year.
Here are some things to consider when purchasing Medicare coverage:
- Check if your doctors are still part of the network and if your prescriptions are on the plan form.
- The plan with the lowest monthly premium may not always be the best fit for your health needs.
- Look at the plan deductible and other out-of-pocket expenses that go into your total costs.
- Some plans offer additional benefits, such as vision, hearing, or dental coverage, that could help you meet your specific health care needs in 2022.
Medicare is here to help
Here are three ways to compare plans:
- Find plans at Medicare.gov, where you can see estimates for all of your prescriptions.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE. Help is available 24 hours a day, including weekends.
- Help in your community is also available. You can get personalized health insurance advice free of charge from your National Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). Visit shiptacenter.org, or call 1-800-MEDICARE for your SHIP phone number. Many ships also have virtual boards available.
End of open enrollment in Medicare December 7. Now is the time to act if you want to enroll or make changes to your health or prescription drug plan for coverage starting. January 1, 2022. If your current coverage still meets your needs, you don’t have to do anything. Remember, if you miss the December 7 deadline, you will likely have to wait a full year before you can make any changes to your Medicare coverage.
For more information, visit Medicare.gov/plan-compare or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). ATS users can call 1-877-486-2048. Help is available 24 hours a day, including weekends. If you need help in a language other than English or Spanish, let the customer service representative know.
More information on Medicare is also available on the Medicare Facebook page and by following @MedicareGov on Twitter.
Need help with Medicare costs?
If you have Medicare and are having difficulty paying for your health care, you may be eligible for health insurance savings programs run by your state that can help you save money. on health and prescription drug costs. If your income for 2021 is less $ 18,000, it may be helpful to contact the Medicaid program in your state about the programs that may be available to you. For more information, call 1-800-MEDICARE.
Protect your health card and help fight fraud
Don’t let your guard down. Here are some important steps you can take to protect your identity and fight Medicare fraud.
- Protect your Medicare Card and Number – Treat your Medicare number and card as you would your Social Security card or credit card. Keep in mind that Medicare will never contact you for your Medicare number or other personal information, unless you have given them permission in advance.
- Review Your Medicare Claims – When you receive Medicare statements, review them to make sure they are correct. Watch for services billed to your Medicare number that you don’t recognize. Ask questions about your statements if you see anything that you think is incorrect.
Information provided by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Photos courtesy of Getty Images
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
A leading source of high-quality food, lifestyle, and home & garden content, Family Features provides readers with tips, take-out, news, recipes, videos, infographics and more , relevant according to the news and the season. Find additional articles and information at Culinary.net and eLivingToday.com.
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/comparing-medicare-plans-could-save-you-money-301402318.html
SOURCE Family Features Editorial Syndicate